FME Workbench provides plenty of other tools to manipulate rasters before writing them to PostGIS or after reading them. You can for example create a mosaic from many rasters, georeference a raster or create a new raster using a map algebra expression.
A number of other issues related to PostGIS have also been fixed in the current beta:
- Added support for new 3D geometry types in reader and writer (PR#40339)
- Added support for Compound Curves in Multicurves (PR#30317, PR#32936)
- Fixed some problems in PostGIS 2.0 support (C57751 C58005, C58619, C60664, C61360, C61794, PR#32936, PR#39490)
- Fixed escaping of special characters in string literals to avoid an unwanted warning (C44557, C57725 PR#29298, PR#32905)
- Improved client encoding handling (C55816, PR#37045)
The Beta is available for download.